Croquet New Zealand is currently reviewing the tournament calendar and exploring ways that it could be improved.
There are several changes that could be implemented for the 2022-23 season which include:
- Holding the AC Island Championships bi-annually on alternating years.
- Holding the GC Island Championships bi-annually on alternating years.
Note: the North Island AC and South Island GC would be held in the same year and the South Island AC and North Island GC would be held in the same year
- Reducing the AC Invitations to only hold the Top 2.
- Reducing the GC Invitations to only hold the Top 2.
- Move the GC Invitations to around November.
- Remove the Men’s and Women’s Championship from the calendar.
For more details on why these changes have been proposed, click here.
Players are invited to have their say on these proposed changes by completing a survey (click here) before the 30th of July 2021.