CNZ New Zealand Open Championships
Held by Croquet South Taranaki
From Saturday 12th to Friday 18th February 2022 at 8:30am
Manager: Mrs Eileen Judd, 107 Warwick Road, RD 21, Stratford 4391
Ph: 027 814 6652 Email: email@example.com
Assistant Manager: TBC
Referee: Vince Neall
Ph: (06) 356 9836 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquarters: Park Croquet Club, High Street Hawera (4 lawns)
Hawera, Stratford and Inglewood Croquet Clubs.
Entries: Allocation Date: Thursday 16th December 2021
Entries close Thursday 20th January 2022
Entries may be limited due to the number of lawns available. When this occurs, entries received prior to the allocation date will be accepted with priority being given to the highest ranked players registered. Entries will be accepted in order of receipt between allocation date and entries closing for any available places.
Register online at www.croquet.org.nz
Entry Fees: Event 1: $85 includes entry to event 1(a), Event 2: $25
Draw: Tournament Manager.
Club House: Any club house fee, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all
competing players only for the days present.
1. New Zealand Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with seeded Block play. Depending on entries, the intention is to have 32 players qualify for the Open Singles Knockout. Each match will be played as best-of-three games, except that the manager may choose to play best-of-five matches from the quarter finals onwards. Challenge Cup presented by J.W. Lill and the Rene Watkins Gold Medal to be held for one year. 2020–2021 Winner – Felix Webby
Runner-up will receive the John Prince Trophy presented by A.D.J. Heenan, OBE. 2020–2021 – Logan McCorkindale
1(a) Bronze Medal: For players eliminated from the knockout before the Quarter finals. 2020–2021 Winner – Not Played
1(b) Heenan Plate: All players entered in event 1 who do not qualify for the Open Singles Knockout are eligible to enter the Heenan Plate. Trophy presented by A.D.J. Heenan, OBE. 2020–2021 Winner – Levi Franks
2. New Zealand Championship Doubles: Open to all. Play will commence with seeded blocks. Those qualifying from the blocks will proceed into post-section play. Shields presented by Messrs E.G. Rawnsley and N.H. MacFarlane.
2020–2021 Winners – Aaron Westerby & Logan McCorkindale
2(a) Doubles Plate: Open to pairs in event 2 that have not qualified for the main doubles knockout. Single-game knockout format. Entry is optional. 2020–2021 Winners – Harps Tahurangi & Mike McClure
3. All players with a New Zealand handicap of 0 or higher will be automatically considered for the Charles Jones Memorial Encouragement Salver. The Salver will be awarded to the player with the best record in the handicap range as determined by the Tournament Management Committee. Trophy presented by Alison McMillan. 2020–2021 Winner – Levi Franks
1. Advanced Play.
2. Hoops will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32” with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
3. As many entries will be accepted as possible with entries limited only if the number of players per available lawn is exceeded.
4. The Doubles will be played on Saturday and Sunday. The Singles will commence on Monday.
5. Information on the playing schedule and other issues will be posted on Croquet Scores after entries have closed. The Manager will provide players with an outline of the method after entries close.
6. Players Choice method of seeding will be used to seed the singles knockout.
7. Quadway hoops will be used.