CNZ New Zealand Men’s and Women’s Championships
Held by Wellington Croquet Association
Wednesday 7th to Sunday 11th December 2022 at 8:30am
Tier 1 Event
Manager: Sue Lea
Ph: 021 0277 3887 Email: lenandsuelea@gmail,com
Referee: Alison Robinson
Headquarters: Waimarie Hutt Valley, Walter Nash Park, 110A Reynolds St, Taita, Lower Hutt. 5 Lawns.
Other: Petone (if required) 2 lawns
Club House: Any club house fee, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Allocation Date: Tuesday 25th October 2022
Entries close: Tuesday 15th November 2022
Entries may be limited due to the number of lawns available. When this occurs, entries received prior to the allocation date will be accepted with priority being given to the highest ranked players registered. Entries will be accepted in order of receipt between allocation date and entries closing for any available places.
Entry Fees: Events 1 & 2: $50 each. Event 3: $25 each
1. New Zealand Women’s Championship: Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs G. Murray-Aynsley. 2021–2022 Winner – Not held
2. New Zealand Men’s Championship: The “Captain F. L. Hartnell” Memorial Challenge Trophy presented by the Taranaki Association. 2021–2022 Winner – Not held
3. New Zealand Championship Mixed Doubles: Trophies presented by W.R. and D.J. Bulloch. 2021–2022 Winners – Not held
1. Advanced Play (Championship).
2. Time limits may apply.
3. Doubles (event 3) will be played Wednesday and Thursday. Singles (events 1 and 2) will be played Friday to Sunday.
4. In order to complete the tournament in time available, entries may have to be limited. Each Singles event is limited to 14 players, provided that this may be increased if the other event receives fewer than 14 entries.
5. Method of play in all events will be decided after entries have been received. This decision will be based on providing a full tournament’s play for competitors. Players will be notified at the start of the tournament which method is being used.
6. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1 /32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
7. Quadway hoops will be used.