CNZ National Golf Croquet Tournament
Held by Croquet South Canterbury
Sunday 16th to Sunday 23rd January 2022 at 8:30am
Manager: Audrey Leath
Assistant Manager: TBA
Referee: Suzanne Cleveland
Headquarters: Waireka Croquet Club, Philip Street, Ashburton
Club House: Any club house fee, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present. Lunches may be ordered for $10.00 per person.
Entries: Allocation Date: Thursday, 18th November 2021
Entries close Thursday 23rd December 2021
Entries may be limited due to the number of lawns available. When this occurs, entries received prior to the allocation date will be accepted with priority being given to the highest ranked players registered. Entries will be accepted in order of receipt between allocation date and entries closing for any available places.
Register online at www.croquet.org.nz
Entry Fees: Singles: $85.00. Doubles: $40 each.
1. New Zealand Golf Croquet Open Singles: Open to all. Trophy presented by Mr S & Mrs C Piercy.
2020–2021 Winner – Duncan Dixon
2020–2021 Plate Winner – Ian Brown
2. New Zealand Golf Croquet Open Doubles: Open to all. Croquet New Zealand Trophy.
2020–2021 Winners – Levi Franks & Josh Winter
2020–2021 Plate Winners – Tony Stephens & Thomas Monteith
1. Nominal hoop dimensions for Open events will be set at the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32nd of an inch, with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
2. As many entries will be accepted as possible with entries limited only if the number of players per available lawn is exceeded.
3. Method of play will be decided after entries have been received. This decision will be based on providing a full tournament’s play for competitors. Players will be notified at the start of the tournament which method of play is being used.
4. Tournament will commence with doubles played Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.
5. Singles will be played on Wednesday through Sunday.
6. **The seeding for the Open Singles Knockout will be by the Player Choice method.
7. Quadway hoops will be used.