Croquet New Zealand presents The North Island Golf Croquet Championships To be held by Wellington Croquet Association at Waikanae Croquet Club from Thursday 5th to Sunday 8th November 2020 at 8:30am
Manager: Tom Berryman, PH: (04) 236 8877, Email: email@example.com
Assistant Manager: Bob McKenzie
Referee: Wayne Gair
Headquarters: Waikanae Croquet Club, 60 Park Avenue, Waikanae
Other Venue: Paraparaumu Croquet Club, Mazengarb Reserve, Scaife Drive, Paraparaumu
Catering: Any club house fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Singles: Limited to 32 players (played at both venues if necessary)
Doubles: Limited to 16 pairs (played at Waikanae only)
Entries close Wednesday, 21st October 2020.
Highest ranked players will be accepted up to 2nd October, thereafter entries accepted by order of receipt. If oversubscribed on 2nd October, the highest ranked players will be accepted with others placed on a waiting list.
Entry Fees: $35 per person for singles, $25 each for doubles.
1. Open Singles: To be played Saturday and Sunday. 2019-20 – Hamish McIntosh
2. Open Doubles: To be played Thursday and Friday. 2019-20 – John Christie & Nelson Morrow
1. Time limits may apply if necessary.
2. Method of play in singles will be blocks, followed by knockout. Consolation event will be for players not in the knockout.
3. Trophies for event 1 and 2 donated by North Island Croquet Clubs.
4. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
5. Quadway hoops will be used.