Croquet New Zealand presents The New Zealand Men’s and Women’s Championships To be held by Croquet Manawatu-Wanganui at Rose Gardens Croquet Club from Wednesday 18th to Sunday 22nd November 2020 at 8:30am
Manager: Michael Hardman, Ph: (06) 353 5980 Email: email@example.com
Referee: Vince Neall. Ph: (06) 356 9836 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquarters: Rose Gardens Croquet Club, Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North
Catering: Any clubhouse fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Entries close Tuesday, 3 November 2020.
Entry Fees: Events 1 & 2: $50 each. Event 3: $25 each
1. New Zealand Women’s Championship: Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs G. Murray-Aynsley. 2019-20 – Carissa Price.
2. New Zealand Men’s Championship: The “Captain F. L. Hartnell” Memorial Challenge Trophy presented by the Taranaki Association. 2019-20 – Greg Byrant.
3. New Zealand Championship Mixed Doubles: Trophies presented by W.R. and D.J. Bulloch. 2019-20 – Greg Bryant & Eleanor Ross.
1. Advanced Play (Championship).
2. Time limits may apply.
3. Doubles (event 3) will be played Wednesday and Thursday. Singles (events 1 and 2) will be played Friday to Sunday.
4. In order to complete the tournament in time available, entries may have to be limited. Each singles event is limited to 12 players, provided that this may be increased if the other event receives fewer than 12 entries.
5. Method of play in all events will be decided after entries have been received. This decision will be based on providing a full tournament’s play for competitors. Players will be notified at the start of the tournament which method of play is being used.
6. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
7. Quadway hoops will be used.