NZSS GC Championship Cancellation

Due to the extension of alert levels 2 & 3 and the ongoing uncertainty of these levels, Croquet NZ has made the difficult decision to cancel the 2020 golf croquet events, previously scheduled in Howick, Dannevirke and Christchurch, 27 – 29 September.

Our primary concern is for the safety and wellbeing of all participants, especially our ‘higher risk’ event personnel. While it would be possible to proceed at level 1, Croquet NZ believes that we are not sufficiently resourced to ensure everyone’s safety in a level 2 or higher alert level environment. The Coquet NZ Tournament Guidelines currently advise a Level 1 maximum for open national events and those requiring regional travel. The guidelines also set out the details of full tournament entry refunds for those that have entered. These will be processed in due course.

There are many hours invested in these events by our volunteers and stakeholders, and we are grateful for the assistance and support received. It is unfortunate that the satisfaction of seeing our young people enjoying golf croquet amongst their peers will not be realised this year.

Croquet NZ supports ongoing local play under appropriate conditions. We encourage regions that intended to compete this year to facilitate local inter-school activities if it can be done safely. Please contact Greg Bryant for any assistance  – and we hope to see you all again in 2021!