Croquet New Zealand presents CNZ National Golf Croquet Tournament To be held by Croquet Hawkes Bay at Heretaunga and Marewa Croquet Clubs from Saturday 6th to Saturday 13th January 2018 from 8:30am
Manager: Geoff Young Phone: (07) 889 1322 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Manager: Colin Hurst Phone: (06) 877 1351 Email: email@example.com
Referee: Don Reyland Phone: (06) 877 4416 Email: Donald@reyland.co.nz
Headquarters: Heretaunga Croquet Club, 341 Napier Road, Havelock North
Other Venues: Marewa Croquet Club, 96a Nuffield Avenue, Napier
Entries: Entries close Thursday 14th December 2017 – Register online at www.croquet.org.nz, or – send copy of Official Entry Form with all entry fees to CNZ, Executive Director, PO Box 11259, Wellington 6142
Entry Fees: Premier Singles $60.00. Doubles $30.
Catering: A clubhouse fee of $5 per day (which includes tea/coffee/light refreshments) may be charged to all players by the host club. Lunch available.
1. New Zealand Golf Croquet Open Singles: Open to all. Trophy presented by Mr S & Mrs C Piercy. To be played at Nelson-Hinemoa. 2016–17 – Edmund Fordyce
2. New Zealand Golf Croquet Open Doubles: Open to all. Croquet New Zealand Trophy. To be played at Nelson-Hinemoa. 2016–17- Joshua Freeth and Hamish McIntosh
3. All players with a New Zealand handicap of 3 or higher will be automatically considered for the Presidents Encouragement Slaver. The salver will be awarded to the player with the best record in the handicap range as determined by the Tournament Management Committee.
1. Nominal hoop dimensions for Open events will be set at the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1 /32nd of an inch, with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1 /64th of an inch
2. Entries may be limited and world rankings and lowest index handicaps will be given priority.
3. Method of play will be decided after entries have been received. This decision will be based on providing a full tournament’s play for competitors. Players will be notified at the start of the tournament which method of play is being used.
4. Tournament will commence with doubles.
5. **The seeding for the Open Singles Knockout will be by the Player Choice method in 2016 17, not the method outlined in Appendix 1(b) of the Tournament Regulations**
Dawson International Balls