The National Secondary School Tournament
To be held by Wellington Croquet Association at Waikanae Croquet Club and Paraparaumu Croquet Club
from Saturday 8th to Sunday 9th September 2018 at 8:30am
Ph: (04) 938 6709 Email: email@example.com
|Headquarters:||Waikanae Croquet Club, 60 Park Avenue, Waikanae|
|Other Venue:||Paraparaumu Croquet Club, Mazengarb Reserve, Scaife Drive|
|Entries:||Regional qualifying teams must be entered into the National Championship event with CNZ by 31st May 2018. Wildcard entries will be declared by 15th June 2018.
$30 per team competing at the National Championship.
- This Championship is a Smoke, Drug and Alcohol free
- This is a Golf Croquet Doubles event.
- All entrants must meet NZSSSC entry criteria when representing their school or region. All players must be enrolled at the Secondary School they represent and wear their schools sports uniform.
- All entrants, at all stages of this event, agree to the CNZ Player Code of Conduct published in the CNZ yearbook.
- Regions may run qualifying tournaments to determine their regional school team, or teams that will come forward to this National Championship event.
- If a regional qualifying event is held, that region may initially enter up to four teams in the National Championship event. If a regional qualifying event is not held, that region may initially enter up to two teams in the National Championship event. Regions are defined by the catchment area of each NZ Regional Sports Trust.
- Secondary schools may enter one or more doubles teams from their school, each team consisting of one doubles pair. Schools must enter with their host Croquet Association Secretary or their Regional Sports Trust before any closing date set by the regional Croquet Association for the purpose of regional playoffs. Regional playoffs will be scheduled and run by the regional Croquet Association between Summer Sports week and the end of Term 1. National qualifying teams must be entered with CNZ by 31 May 2018.
- Returning semi-finalists and above may qualify for the next National Secondary Schools Golf Croquet Championship as of right.
- Wildcards: Regions may apply to enter additional teams. Applications must be forwarded to the Sport Development Officer of CNZ along with regional playoff results (if any). The Sport Development Officer will have the discretion to accept additional teams if space is available.
- All qualifying games will be thirteen (13) point games with a minimum time limit of 60 minutes (if any),
- The method of play will be based on providing a full tournament’s play for competitors. Players will be notified of the method to be used before the tournament commences.
- The winning pair will be awarded the National Secondary Schools trophy.
- Hoop dimensions will be 3 11/16 inches.
- Competitors will be advised of tournament details and arrangements via email prior to the event. Please provide CNZ with emails with entries.Winners 2017–18 – Mount Hutt College (South Canterbury)