CNZ 98th North Island AC Championships
Held by Croquet Auckland
Wednesday 10th to Sunday 14th November 2021 at 8:30am
Manager: Nelson Morrow
Ph: 021 107 7787
Epsom/Remuera: Anne Mortimer: 021 134 6313
Orewa: Pixie Jones: 021 0249 5910
Referee: Jim Wardle
Headquarters: Epsom/Remuera CC, 259 Gillies Avenue, Auckland
Orewa Croquet Club,43 Hatton Road, Orewa
Club House: Any club house fee, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Allocation Date: Wednesday, 15th September 2021
Entries close: Wednesday, 20th October 2021
Entries may be limited due to the number of lawns available. When this occurs, entries received prior to the allocation date will be accepted with priority being given to the highest ranked players registered. Entries will be accepted in order of receipt between allocation date and entries closing for any available places.
Register online at www.croquet.org.nz
Entry Fees: Open Singles: $50. Includes free entry for event 1(a)
Event 1(a) but not event 1: $40.
Doubles each player: $25. Event 3 & 4: $45.
Late entries may be accepted on application to the manager.
1. North Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with single game block play leading to a seeded knockout draw. Challenge Trophy presented by Residents of Palmerston North. 2020–2021 Winner – Steve Clarke
1(a) North Island Open Plate: Format to be decided upon providing competitors with a full playing schedule. 2020–2021 Winner – Peter Filbee
2. North Island Championship Doubles: Method of play to be determined once all entries are received. Challenge Trophies – Cups presented by Mr J. A. Nash, MP and the Croquet Hawke’s Bay. 2020–2021 Winners – Peter Filbee & Cole Wenmoth
3. North Island Singles 0 to 3.5: Open to players of handicap Scratch to 3.5 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play will be blocks followed by knock out. Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs D Currin. 2020–2021 Winner – Cindy Clarke
4. North Island Singles 4+: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received.
Challenge Cup, Hawken Cup. 2020–2021 Winner – Nicholas Flood
June Aitken Memorial Runner Up Trophy. 2020-21 Runner Up – Malcolm
1. Entries may be limited to the top 16 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary,
16 (total) for Event 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Event 2 will be played on Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th November 2021.
3. Events 1, 1(a), 3 and 4 will commence at 8.30am, Friday 12th November 2021.
4. Events 1 & 2 will be played at Epsom-Remuera Croquet club.
5. Events 3 & 4 will be played at Orewa Croquet Club.
6. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
7. Quadway hoops will be used.