Croquet New Zealand presents The 86th South Island Championships to be held by Croquet Nelson at Nelson-Hinemoa Croquet Clubs from Wednesday 9th to Sunday 13th December 202 at 8:30am
Manager: Betty Winterburn, Ph: (03) 544 7268, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee: Manly Bowater
Headquarters: Nelson-Hinemoa Croquet Club, Cnr Haven Road and Halifax Street, Nelson
Catering: Any club house fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Entries close Tuesday 24th November 2020
Entry Fees: Open Singles $50 includes entry into event 1(a). Event 1(a) only $40. Event 2 $25 each player. Event 3 and 4 $45.
1. South Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with single game block play leading to a seeded knockout draw. Challenge Trophy presented by Mr R W McCreath. 2019-20 – Felix Webby
1(a) South Island Open Plate: Format to be decided upon providing competitors with a full playing schedule. 2019-20 – Not Played
2. South Island Championship Doubles: Method of play will be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophies – two salvers presented by Mr and Mrs W H Kirk. 2019-20 – Kathleen Colclough & Chris Clarke
3. South Island Singles 0-3: Open to players of a handicap Scratch to 3 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. 2019-20 – William Rush
4. South Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players who are competitors in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs Lesley Wilson. 2019-20 – Not Played
1. Entries may be limited to the top 32 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Events 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Event 2 will be played on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th December 2020.
3. Events 1, 1(a), 3 and 4 will commence at 8.30am, Friday 11th December 2020.
4. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
5. Quadway hoops will be used.