Croquet New Zealand presents The 84th South Island Championships to be held by Canterbury Croquet Association at United Croquet Clubs from Wednesday 12th to Sunday 16th December 2018 at 8:30am
Manager: Chris Clarke, Ph: (03) 385 5957, Email: email@example.com
Referee: Chris Clarke
Headquarters: United Croquet Club, North Hagley Park
Other Venue: Holmes Park Croquet Club, English Street, Christchurch
Catering: Any club house fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Entries close Thursday 29th November 2018.
Entry Fees: Open Singles $50 includes entry into event 1(a). Event 1(a) only $40. Event 2 $35 each player. Event 3 and 4 $45.
1. South Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with single game block play leading to a seeded knockout draw. Challenge Trophy presented by Mr R W McCreath. 2017-18 – Greg Bryant
1(a) South Island Open Plate: Format to be decided upon providing competitors with a full playing schedule. 2017-18 – Dennis Bulloch
2. South Island Championship Doubles: Method of play will be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophies – two salvers presented by Mr and Mrs W H Kirk. 2017-18 – Dennis Bulloch & Jace Hobbs
3. South Island Singles 0-3: Open to players of a handicap Scratch to 3 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. 2017-18 – Kathie Grant
4. South Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players who are competitors in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs Lesley Wilson. 2017-18 – Anita Fowler
1. Entries may be limited to the top 32 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Events 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Event 2 will be played on Wednesday 12th and Thursday 13th December 2018.
3. Events 1, 1(a), 3 and 4 will commence at 8.30am, Friday 14th December 2018
4. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.