Croquet New Zealand presents The 85th South Island Championships to be held by South Canterbury Croquet Association at Waireka Croquet Clubs from Wednesday 13th to Sunday 17th November 2019 at 8:30am
Manager: Raylene Phillips, Ph: (03) 308 392, Email: email@example.com
Referee: Barbara Field
Headquarters: Waireka Croquet Club, Philip Street, Ashburton
Catering: Any club house fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Entries close Wednesday 30th October 2019.
Entry Fees: Open Singles $50 includes entry into event 1(a). Event 1(a) only $40. Event 2 $25 each player. Event 3 and 4 $45.
1. South Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with single game block play leading to a seeded knockout draw. Challenge Trophy presented by Mr R W McCreath. 2018-19 – Greg Bryant
1(a) South Island Open Plate: Format to be decided upon providing competitors with a full playing schedule. 2018-19 – Felix Webby
2. South Island Championship Doubles: Method of play will be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophies – two salvers presented by Mr and Mrs W H Kirk. 2018-19 – Felix Webby & Josh Freeth
3. South Island Singles 0-3: Open to players of a handicap Scratch to 3 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. 2018-19 – Ian C. Campbell
4. South Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players who are competitors in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs Lesley Wilson. 2018-19 – Leo van Oosten
1. Entries may be limited to the top 32 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Events 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Event 2 will be played on Wednesday 13th and Thursday 14th November 2019.
3. Events 1, 1(a), 3 and 4 will commence at 8.30am, Friday 15th November 2019.
4. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1/32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1/64th of an inch.
5. Quadway hoops will be used.