|Croquet New Zealand presents The 95th North Island Championships to be held by Croquet Manawatu-Wanganui at Rose Gardens Croquet Club from Wednesday 28th November to Sunday 2nd December 2018 at 8:30am
Manager: Michael Hardman, PH: (06) 353 5980, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee: Vince Neall
Headquarters: Rose Gardens Croquet Club, Victoria Esplanade, Palmerston North
Other Venue: Marton Croquet Club, Tutaenui Road, Marton.
Catering: Any club house fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players onnly for the days present.
Entries: Entries close Thursday 15th November 2018
Open Singles $50
Event 1(a) but not event 1 $40.
Doubles each player $35
Event 3 $45
Event 4 $35
1. North Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with single game block play leading to a seeded knockout draw. Challenge Trophy presented by Residents of Palmerston North. 2017-18 – Josh Freeth
1(a) North Island Open Plate: Format to be decided upon providing competitors with a full playing schedule. – 2017-18 – John Christie
2. North Island Championship Doubles: Method of play to be determined once all entries are received. Challenge Trophies – Cups presented by Mr J. A. Nash, MP and the Hawkes Bay Association. 2017-18 – Bruce Baker & Mike Crashley
3. North Island Singles 0-3: Open to players of handicap Scratch to 3 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs D Currin. 2017-18 – Kathie Grant
4. North Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Cup, Hawken Cup. 2017-18 Sue Roberts
1. Entries may be limited to the top 24 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Event 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Events 1, 1(a) and 2 will be held at Rose Gardens. Event 3 and 4 may be held at Marton, depending on entries received. Main venue to be confirmed no later than 30 September and nay change notified on CNZ website by 1 October.
3. Event 2 will be played on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th November 2018.
4. Events 1, 1(a) and 3 will commence at 8.30am, Friday 30th November 2018.
5. Event 4 will be played on Saturda 1st and Sunday 2nd December 2018.
6. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1 /32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1 /64th of an inch.