|Croquet New Zealand presents The 97th North Island Championships to be held by Croquet South Taranaki at Park Croquet Club from Wednesday 9th to Sunday 13th December 2020 at 8:30am
Manager: Eileen Judd, PH: (06) 765 5436, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Referee: Eileen Judd
Headquarters: Park Croquet Club, High Street, Hawera
Catering: Any club house fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Entries close Tuesday 24th November 2020
Open Singles $50
Event 1(a) but not event 1 $40.
Doubles each player $25
Event 3 $45
Event 4 $45
1. North Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with single game block play leading to a seeded knockout draw. Challenge Trophy presented by Residents of Palmerston North. 2019-20 – Tony Stephens
1(a) North Island Open Plate: Format to be decided upon providing competitors with a full playing schedule. – 2019-20 – Peter Filbee
2. North Island Championship Doubles: Method of play to be determined once all entries are received. Challenge Trophies – Cups presented by Mr J. A. Nash, MP and the Hawkes Bay Association. 2019-20 – John Christie & Tony Stephens
3. North Island Singles 0-3.5: Open to players of handicap Scratch to 3 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs D Currin. 2019-20 – Cindy Clarke
4. North Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Cup, Hawken Cup. 2019-20 – Not Played
1. Entries may be limited to the top 24 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Event 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Events 2 will be played on Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th December 2020.
3. Events 1, (1a), 3 and 4 will commence at 8.30am, Friday, 11th December 2020.
4. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1 /32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1 /64th of an inch.
5. Quadway hoops will be used.