|Croquet New Zealand presents The 96th North Island Championships to be held by Bay of Plenty Croquet Association at Croquet Mount Maunganui from Wednesday 20th to Sunday 24th November 2019 at 8:30am
Manager: Geoff Young, PH: (07) 889 1322, Email: email@example.com
Headquarters: Croquet Mount Maunganui, 45 Kawaka Street, Mt Maunganui
Other Venue: N/A
Catering: Any club house fees, up to $5 per day, will be charged to all competing players only for the days present.
Entries: Entries close Tuesday 5th November 2019
Open Singles $50
Event 1(a) but not event 1 $40.
Doubles each player $25
Event 3 $45
Event 4 $45
1. North Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with single game block play leading to a seeded knockout draw. Challenge Trophy presented by Residents of Palmerston North. 2018-19 – Andre Murray & Steve Jones
1(a) North Island Open Plate: Format to be decided upon providing competitors with a full playing schedule. – 2018-19 – Liz McLay
2. North Island Championship Doubles: Method of play to be determined once all entries are received. Challenge Trophies – Cups presented by Mr J. A. Nash, MP and the Hawkes Bay Association. 2018-19 – Not Played
3. North Island Singles 0-3.5: Open to players of handicap Scratch to 3 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Trophy presented by Mrs D Currin. 2018-19 – Not Played
4. North Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Cup, Hawken Cup. 2018-19 Robert McLay
1. Entries may be limited to the top 24 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Event 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Events 2 will be played on Wednesday 20th and Thursday 21st November 2019.
3. Events 1, (1a) and 3 will commence at 8.30am, Friday, 22nd November 2019.
4. Event 4 will commence at 8.30am, Friday, 22nd November 2019.
5. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1 /32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1 /64th of an inch.
6. Quadway hoops will be used.