Croquet New Zealand presents The 9 3rd North Island Championships to be held by Wellington at Paraparumu and Plimmerton CCs Wednesday 2nd to Sunday 6th November 2016 at 8:30am
Manager & Handicapper: Tom Berryman, 48 Te Pene Ave, Titahi Bay 5022 Phone: (04) 236 8877 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Headquarters: Paraparaumu Croquet Club
Other Venue Plimmerton (Wellington Municipal for Event 3 if needed)
Catering: A clubhouse fee of $5 per day (which includes tea/coffee/light refreshments) may be charged to all players by the host club.
Entries: Entries close Thursday 20th October 201 6 – Register online at www.croquet.org.nz, or send copy of Official Entry Form with all entry fees to CNZ, Executive Director, PO Box 11259, Wellington 6142
Entry Fees: Open Singles $40. Event 1(a) but not event 1 $30. Doubles each player $25 Late entries may be accepted on application to the manager.
1. North Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with a seeded knockout draw. Each match will be played as a best -of -three games with cumulative time limits of 4/7/9 hours, except the manager may choose to vary the time limits and/or play best -of -five matches from the semi final onwards. Challenge Trophy presented by Residents of Palmerston North. 2015–16 – Greg Bryant
1(a) North Island Open Plate: Open to all. Flexible Swiss – single games. All players who are knocked out of the Open singles draw (excluding finalists) are eligible to enter event 1(a). Results from the Open draw are carried over. The manager may determine a time limit and a minimum number of games to be played. – 2015–16 – Steve Jones
2. North Island Championship Doubles: Method of play to be determined once all entries are received. Challenge Trophies – Cups presented by Mr J. A. Nash, MP and the Hawkes Bay Association 2015–16 – Greg Bryant & Felix Webby
3. North Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Cup, Hawken Cup. 2015 -16 – Baubre Murray Runner -up: June Aitken Memorial Trophy. 2015–16 – Jeff France
1. Entries may be limited to the top 32 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Event 3. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Event 2 will be held at Paraparaumu. Events 1 and 1(a) will be held at Paraparaumu and Plimmerton. Event 3 will be held at Plimmerton, if possible, but if not then Wellington.
3. The allocation of byes in the Open draw will be done to minimise the likelihood of someone who has had a bye playing someone who has already played a match (i.e. Byes will be grouped where possible) Any players with a bye in the first round of the Open Singles draw will be notified as soon as possible.
4. Event 2 will be played on Wednesday 2nd and Thursday 3rd November 2016.
5. Events 1, 1(a) and 3 will commence at 8:30am, Friday 4th November 2016. Early matches in Event 1(a) may be played by those entered in Event 1. (i.e in the case of a player having a first round bye in event 1)
6. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1 /32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1 /64th of an inch.
Dawson International Balls