Croquet New Zealand presents The 94th North Island Championships to be held by Bay of Plenty at Croquet Mount Maunganui from Wednesday 11th to Sunday 15th October 20167 at 8:30am
Manager: Geoff Young. 81 Stirling Drive, Morrinsville 3300. Phone: (07) 889 1322 Email: email@example.com
Headquarters: Croquet Mount Maunganui
Other Venue: Whakatane (events 3 or 4 if required)
Catering: A clubhouse fee of $5 per day (which includes tea/coffee/light refreshments) may be charged to all players by the host club.
Entries: Entries close Thursday 28th September 2017 – Register online at www.croquet.org.nz, or send copy of Official Entry Form with all entry fees to CNZ, Executive Director, PO Box 11259, Wellington 6142
Entry Fees: Open Singles $40. Event 1(a) but not event 1 $30. Doubles each player $25 Late entries may be accepted on application to the manager.
1. North Island Open Championship: Open to all. Play will commence with a seeded knockout draw. Each match will be played as a best -of -three games with cumulative time limits of 4/7/9 hours, except the manager may choose to vary the time limits and/or play best -of -five matches from the semi final onwards. Challenge Trophy presented by Residents of Palmerston North. 2016–17 – Paul Skinley
1(a) North Island Open Plate: Open to all. Flexible Swiss – single games. All players who are knocked out of the Open singles draw (excluding finalists) are eligible to enter event 1(a). Results from the Open draw are carried over. The manager may determine a time limit and a minimum number of games to be played. – 2016–17 – John Christie
2. North Island Championship Doubles: Method of play to be determined once all entries are received. Challenge Trophies – Cups presented by Mr J. A. Nash, MP and the Hawkes Bay Association 2016–17 – Harps Tahurangi & Paul Skinley
3. North Island Singles 0-3: Open to players of handicap scratch to 3 bisques. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received.
4. North Island Singles: Open to players whose handicaps are 4 bisques and over. Players in the Open Championship will not be eligible. Method of play to be determined once entries are received. Challenge Cup, Hawken Cup. 2016 -17 – Robert McLay Runner -up: June Aitken Memorial Trophy. 2016–17 – Bonnie Johnson
1. Entries may be limited to the top 32 entrants for Events 1 & 1(a) and, if necessary, 12 for Event 3 and 4. Time limits may be imposed.
2. Event 1, 1(a) & 2 will be held at Mt Maunganui. Event 3 or 4 may be held at Whakatane, depending on entries received.
3. The allocation of byes in the Open draw will be done to minimise the likelihood of someone who has had a bye playing someone who has already played a match (i.e. Byes will be grouped where possible) Any players with a bye in the first round of the Open Singles draw will be notified as soon as possible.
4. Event 2 will be played on Wednesday 11th and Thursday 12th October 2017.
5. Events 1, 1(a), 3 and 4 will commence at 8:30am, Friday 13th October 2017. Early matches in Event 1(a) may be played by those entered in Event 1. (i.e in the case of a player having a first round bye in event 1)
6. Nominal hoop dimensions will be set to the widest axis of any ball to be used on the lawn plus 1 /32nd of an inch with an upwards tolerance of zero and a downward tolerance of 1 /64th of an inch.
Dawson International Balls